Friday, August 13, 2010

Cream Cheese

My son Sam loves Pancakes.  A few mornings ago we made pancakes from a box.  I just added a little water to the pancake mix and BING delicious pancakes.  Of course we had to add some chocolate chips....however, I was out.  Darn.  So, I added the next best thing.  Butterscotch. 

I was pretty sure we were ready to eat, but a tragedy surfaced.  We were out of syrup.  Well, I could make honey butter as an alternative, but we were out of honey too.  My mommy instincts started to churn.  I went to the fridge, "what can I put on Sam's pancakes?" 

Then, a light turned on.  It wasn't just any light, it was a 1000 watt mercury vapor bulb found in a baseball park.  I found some cream cheese in the fridge and pulled it out.  I put about a fourth of a cup in a mug and added some of my butterscotch chips. I put it in the microwave for a few seconds and viola!

After a quick stir, it was ready to spread on Sam's pancakes and my own. :)  The butterscotch chips melted so nicely into the cream cheese and boy was it delicious.

So, I guess I want to say, thank goodness we ran out of syrup. 

No comments:

Post a Comment